Deadline for Submissions: November 15th
Abstracts are now being accepted for the 104th Annual Meeting of the American Broncho-Esophagological Association. The Program Committee encourages submission of your scientific contributions for presentation at the meeting and publication in The Laryngoscope.
2024’s Annual Meeting will be held in-person with COSM in Chicago, IL, on May 15-19th. The meeting will feature a combination of panels, and brief submission choice including podium presentation, poster, Ho I Do It or panels. As we create the official program, you may be asked if you are willing to present your research in a panel-format that relates directly to your research.
- Authors accepted for poster and oral presentations are required to submit a manuscript to The Laryngoscope by the deadline provided.
- Some poster and podium presentations may be eligible for award consideration. For more information about the awards given at ABEA’s Annual Meeting, click here now or visit ABEA’s website at www.abea.net/awards.
Submission Timeline at a Glance
- Abstract submission deadline: November 15th, 11:59pm CT
- Notification of acceptance: December 15th, 2023
- Confirmation of acceptances: January 23rd, 2024
- Manuscript submissions due to ABEA and The Laryngoscope: March 1st, 2024
Abstract Submission Instructions:
All abstracts must be submitted electronically through ABEA’s Abstract Submission site. All users must create a profile and enter required contact information including cell phone and email address.
Abstract Submission Guidelines:
- Abstracts must be submitted in the structured format of The Laryngoscope (Please access The Laryngoscope submission site for the most recent version of Instructions for Authors).
- Abstracts should be kept to 250 words or less.
- Do not reference any hospital or institution in the body of the abstract, or reference any other identifiers as abstracts are blinded to the reviewers.
- Abstracts should not contain data presented or submitted elsewhere concurrently or published previously.
- Manuscripts for accepted podium and poster abstracts must be submitted to the ABEA and to The Laryngoscope by March 1st, 2023 (no exceptions).
Failure to follow abstract submission guidelines may result in the submission being withdrawn.
How I Do It Requirements:
Authors are encouraged to submit clinical or surgical procedures featuring innovative and educational content. Presentations should include video of key steps in the procedure. The presenter must be an ABEA member and an attending surgeon with expertise in performing the procedure.
- Abstract (word count 300): Brief description of the procedure.
Authors are encouraged to submit topics that address current clinical controversies, state of the art management and/or contemporary clinical practice guidelines.
- Moderator and Panelists
- Abstract (word count 300): Brief description of topic to be covered and relevance to ABEA membership.
We want to learn from the experts and hear from our members!!! Please submit your Expert “How I do it” presentations and Panel ideas.
We look forward to seeing you for another outstanding scientific meeting.